A single system that meets the design-change demand limitations of traditional single-point entry fracturing systems.
About The System
The SC Bowhead II is a dissolvable ball and collet activated fracturing sleeve system designed for cased hole and open hole applications. It offers multiple profile length configurations that facilitate precise valve activation. The collet allows the liner to be full drift diameter to surface while fracturing each stage, reducing friction pressures and pumping time. The dissolvable ball will flow off of seat with minimal differential pressure due to the unique carrier design, while the collet remains locked into the valve housing. An equal large bore diameter through each collet after the fracture process allows for maximum flowback recovery without intervention. Large bore access allows clean outs from heel to toe with no restrictions in coil or tubing size. Collets can be removed at any point in time allowing full drift of liner and the ability to reclose the valve for water shut off or future re-fracturing processes. All collets can be retrieved in a single run after the coil has reached the toe of the wellbore and circulated clean.
Covered by one or more of the following United States Patents:9,644,454; 9,587,464; 9,840,892; 9,840,890;
or international equivalents. Other patents may be pending.
SC Bowhead II
Unparalleled precision in ball and collet fracturing systems
With the capability of longer laterals and more stages, the SC Bowhead II drives high utility of capital, increased EUR’s, and helps improve water management
Features and Benefits
- Reduced fluids into formation and associated cost
- No pumping fluids required to drill out balls, seats and no displacement fluid required for pumping bridge plugs on wireline as per plug and perf methods
- No remedial work-over required; cost reduction
- No milling and drilling out balls and seats
- Fracturing time reduction
- Less time on location to complete the job vs. plug and perf and coil activated sliding sleeves
- Reduced friction pressure permitting high rate fracturing operations
- Ball seats cause high friction pressures and act like downhole chokes
- Coil tubing fracturing also creates a higher friction pressure due to less surface area for pumping
- Potential risk of failure is minimized with only one moving part
- Designed to be cemented in place without affecting component functionality
- Innovated for all extended reach applications without requiring intervention after the fracturing process
- The unique uniform collet diameter design reduces risk of sanding off on flow back and allows for full production potential
- Dissolvable ball allows for full wellbore access during flow back and production operations